Today, though, advertisers have an over-abundance of marketing options both over-the-air and online. But every week, according to Nielsen, 862,392adults listen to a Fort Myers radio station, giving the 101-year-old medium, by far, the biggest reach amongst local consumers.
A new report released last week by Nielsen underscores AM/FM radio's durable reach among all media.
As far as the ears are concerned, Nielsen points out that "AM/FM radio is the center of the audio universe" reaching nearly twice as many adults as streaming options.
The dominance of radio's reach among other audio media options is true regardless of the listener's age.
Not all listening to Fort Myers radio happens on car radios, table-top radios, or boom boxes. Instead, local consumers also use their smartphones, computers, and tablets as a way to connect to their favorite local stations.
Neilsen finds that 27.9% of all consumers who listen to a Fort Myers radio station over the air will, at some point during the month, also connect to a local station via the internet. As a matter of fact, during a typical hour, Nielsen data suggests that 11.2% of a station's total audience is listening on a device other than a traditional receiver.
More Advertising Advice For Fort Myers Small Business Owners
- Advertise In SWFL: Online Listening Boosts Audience For AM/FM
- Smart Speaker Usage in Fort Myers: A Conversation With Alexa
- Advertising On Fort Myers TV: Where Have The Viewers Gone?
- Advertising On Fort Myers Radio Still #1 Way to Reach SWFL Consumers
- Father's Day 2022: Southwest Florida Consumers Will Spend $75 Million
- Television Advertising In Fort Myers: What Are Consumers Watching?
- Fort Myers Radio Listeners Lead The Return To 'Normal'