Almost 214,000 adult consumers in Southwest Florida belong to a fitness club. These memberships bring in close to $398 million in sales to local gym owners.
January is critical for the small business owners that operate gyms in the SWFL area. According to the International Health, Racquet, and Sportsclub Association, this one month alone, accounts for 10.8% of annual membership sales. New Year's resolutions are the reason for this early year spike.
To capture a larger share of the $42.9 million local consumers will spend on gym memberships in January, requires fitness center owners to advertise. The best way to do this is on Fort Myers radio. Here's why.
According to Nielsen, the media component of an advertising campaign that has the greatest effect on sales is reach. This is the number of different people who are exposed to the marketing message.
Every week, more adult consumers tune-in to a Fort Myers radio station than watch local TV, read a newspaper, use social media sites like Facebook and Instagram, or log-on to a streaming audio site like Pandora and Spotify.
Fort Myers radio's dominant reach among fitness club members extends specifically to millennials. This generation accounts for nearly 40% of all consumers who belong to gyms.
Notice how, among millennials, radio's reach among remains consistent but, Fort Myers television is surpassed by the reach of Facebook.
According to the IHRSA, advertising has become critical to the success of fitness club owners as competitors are popping up everywhere. In 2018, the number of gyms increased by 3%. Most business analysts expect this growth trend to continue.
More Advertising Advice For SWFL Small Business Owners
- Why Tax Preparation Professionals In SWFL Must Advertise
- Marketing To Baby Boomers In Fort Myers and Naples
- Does Small Business Advertising on Fort Myers Radio Work?
- Where Will SWFL Consumers Shop For The Holidays?
- Marketing To SWFL Pet Owners: A Guide For Small Business Owners
- 5 Facts SWFL Business Owners Need To Know About Radio Advertising
- How Are Southwest Florida Consumers Spending Their Money?
- SWFL Retailers Can Bag A Greater Share Of Holiday Spending