Work routines, buying habits, family life, and media consumption have all been palpably affected. These are all factors that need to be considered by small business owners who continue to advertise their goods and services during the crisis.
Before the current chaos, advertising on Fort Myers radio, by any metric, was the best way a local small business could advertise.
For instance, pre-Coronavirus, 807,000 adult consumers tuned-in to a Fort Myers radio station every week. This is significantly more than watched local TV, read a newspaper, accessed social media, or streamed audio from sites like Pandora and Spotify.
New research released from Nielsen indicates that amidst the current crisis, listening to local radio remains little changed. This is great news for those SWFL small business owners who are depending on advertising for their long-term survival.
Local radio, traditionally, has the largest share of its listening happen away-from-home. This includes in-office or in-car.
During the crisis, however, as consumers are sheltering-in-place, at-home listening has gained a more significant share.
Local radio has not only retained its audience during the current Coronavirus crisis, but consumers are also spending significantly more time each day listening.
Since the onset of the Coronavirus crises, the medium consumers are choosing to access local radio is shifting.
During the fourth week of March, consumers are now 45% more likely to listen to local radio via audio streams than on a traditional device.
Beginning in 1940, when WFTM became the first station in Fort Myers, small business owners have depended on local radio to market their goods and services through recessions, depressions, and natural disasters. Research indicates that AM/FM radio is still doing the job during the current crisis, as well.
More Advertising Advice For SWFL Small Business Owners
- Fort Myers Small Business Advice: Marketing During The Corona Crisis
- Crisis Marketing: What SWFL Small Business Owners Should Know
- Fort Myers Radio: Who's Listening During The Coronavirus Crisis
- Coronavirus: Advertising In SWFL For Small Business Survival
- Keeping Your SWFL Small Business Healthy During The Corona Crisis
- Does Social Media Work For Southwest Florida Retailers?
- Southwest Florida Mortgage Lenders and Brokers Need To Advertise Now
- Small Business Advertising In Southwest Florida: Target The Spenders